Tuesday, October 16, 2012

CASology - Shades of Night....

It's week 15 at CASology, and the cue card for this week is:


I wanted to play along this week, and I knew the just the stamp that I wanted to use!  Here's my card for the challenge:


I stamped my image (Memory Box trees) on a piece of white card stock with Versamark ink and heat embossed it in white detail embossing powder.  I cut a mask by stamping the trees on piece of copy paper and cutting the shape under the trees.  I masked off the bottom portion of the card, punched a circle mask for the moon, and then inked the sky with DI - broken china, tumbled glass, and dusty concord. After inking the sky, I moved the bottom mask and using the same mask, turned it over and inked in some snow "hills".  After inking the sky, I removed the moon mask, and lightly sponged a little broken china DI around the edges to soften it up a bit.  It's difficult to see on here, but I also added a few "stars" with a silver star pen from Sakura.  Sentiment is stamped in black and is from PTI.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time....

Hugs!

Photobucket


Pin It!

19 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous! The sky looks amazing and you can almost feel the chill! Great work!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely landscape! This is exactly the sort of technique that popped into my head when I first saw the night theme over on CASology. If I get a chance to play along this week I hope to do something similar!

Carla said...

great colours!

shirley-bee said...

This is lovely, Susan! I like the dreamy sky, and the sparkly little stars.

Ardyth said...

Beautiful sky - love the twinkly stars and the use of the different colours to achieve the richness! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Andrea W said...

Very pretty card! The white embossed trees against the night sky is beautiful. Love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love your sponged sky and that fabulous embossing. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Joyce said...

This is simply gorgeous. I love how you did the sky.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the scene you've created on this card, so serene and beautiful.

Karen M said...

I love your card - its gorgeous x x

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous night scene! Love all the little extras that you put into it! :) I can see those little twinkling stars and they are such a perfect finishing touch! So pretty!
Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Bonnie said...

This looks so serene and peaceful! I can almost feel the hush!

Aileen said...

Beautiful scene Susan. x

Sue said...

Gorgeous, Susan. Fabulous inking and stamping.

Jen W. said...

This is stunning, Susan! You are a genius with masking and sponging! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

oh susan... this is absolutely gorgeous!! the sponged background is beautiful and the embossing perfection! thanks for playing along with CASology each week!

Doris said...

What a soft, peaceful card. Love your sponging--it gives your sky a lot of depth!

Jean said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Geri said...

Me again...your card instantly caught my eye when I was checking out the cards! Love it. So glad that I found your blog (just signed up to follow by e-mail).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails