Sunday, October 21, 2012

CAS(E) this Sketch #2

There's a new challenge in town called CAS(E) this Sketch.  I hate that I missed the first week, but I just didn't have time to play along.  So, I didn't want to be late this week...because this week's sketch is an awesome sketch!


I actually made three cards for this week's challenge...had a little extra time this weekend to play in my craft room!  Here's my take on this week's sketch:


I embossed a white panel with an embossing folder that I've had forever...and I don't think I've ever used it before!  The ornament is from SU, stamped in red, then I added a few pieces of bling and a bit of glitter.  Finished off the ornament with a red cord bow.  The sentiment is also from SU (and one of my favorites!).  I added tiny red strips to the edges of the white embossed panel, then pop-dotted the ornament on the right side.  Very quick and easy card!


I think the idea in my head was a little better than these next two cards turned out, but I thought I'd post them anyway.  I used a snowflake embossing folder for the white panel.  I cut two circles from white card stock.  On one circle, I masked off the moon, then inked it up good with DI.  Then I ran it through the "snow" embossing folder (it's new and I've used it about 4 times already....I think I LOVE it!).  The other circle was cut so that I had a bit of a "hill" and pop dotted over the night sky.  After embossing the blue piece, I used a nail file and lightly filed the tops of the "snow" to take off the blue and leave the white.  The trees are very old dies from Quickutz.  I adhered the two small tress behind the "hill" and the larger tree on top of the hill.  Then, I coated the trees with some glitter as well as the edge of the hill. It's difficult to see on here, but some of the snowflakes on the embossed panel have been highlighted with the Sakura clear star pen. The sentiment is from PTI.


This is the same general concept, only I just did the sky piece then backed it with some dark blue.  The tiny Santa stamp is from my stash...have no idea who makes it, but I've had it forever.  The sentiment if from PTI.


This last card, I just thought I'd share.  I was planning to post it for the CASology challenge, but I missed the deadline.  The making of this card is what inspired me for the two cards above.  For this card I used a textured paper for the circle background, but everything is basically done the same.  The sentiment is from PTI and stamped directly onto the white "snow"....note to self....stamp the sentiment before adding it to the card with pop dots!!  Again, I've used my "snow" embossing folder...I really do love this folder!  

Here's a chuckle for you...I just re-read my post and noticed that everywhere I meant to type "snow", I had typed "snot".  This is not the first time either.  I've done it on a scrapbook page before too.  Guess I'd better slow down my typing fingers!! LOL!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm glad you took the time to visit, and if you leave a comment...you've made my day!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

8 comments:

Kim S said...

Oh, Susan, these are lovely! I love the touch of red on the first and the embossed stripes with room for the sentiment. And the little scenes in the others with the snow backdrop - perfect! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

All beautiful Christmas card, your CAS(E) card is fabulous.

Geri said...

Holy Kamoly! You are on one heck of a roll here! I love the classic elegance of the first card, the inking on the 2nd & 3rd card, the amazing folder on the 3rd card as well, and the sweet snowscape scene on the 4th card. Overall though, I'm with you....this snow embossing folder is a must have!

Unknown said...

Hi Susan - what amazing cards. Think I've fallen in love with the snow e/f........you didn't mention whose it was but I'll go on a hunt round. I love your first card - it looks so elegant but all of them are gorgeous.

Karen x

Jackie Rockwell said...

All of your cards are wonderful Susan! The first one looks great with the bright red ornament and the embossed striped background. So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

June Houck said...

All are so beautiful, Susan. I don't know how you do it! All gorgeous, yet unique. Fabulous post!

Bonnie said...

Four more beautiful Christmas cards! You're on a roll!

Anonymous said...

These are all gorgeous! I love the embossing on the top card that stops where the sentiment goes! The white looks stunning with that red ornament :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails