Monday, October 8, 2012

CR84FN Color Challenge


I don't often play in the CR84FN color challenge, but this week the colors "spoke" to me.  I knew immediately what I wanted to do....very clean and simple, but I think it's very eye-catching....and it just so happens that I have a beautiful little granddaughter who will be turning 3 soon!

Here's the colors for this week:





I made the candles by making three different color rectangle text boxes in MS Word, and filling them in with color.  I wanted my candles to be about 2 inches tall, so I made the text boxes 2 x 3 so that I could get a good heavy "roll".  I printed the colored and filled rectangles out with the color printer, cut them out and rolled them up.  I added a piece of twine in the tops of each candle for the wick.  I embossed a background with a Lifestyles die, and added a tiny blue border to the embossed panel.  I made the sentiment tag by cutting a 3/4 inch white piece and 7/8 inch blue piece and punching the ends of each piece with a MS corner punch.  Happy Birthday (PTI) is stamped in Memento black.  The tag is pop dotted on the embossed panel.  The candles were adhered and then I ran an tiny ribbon under them and tied it in a bow.  I know it sounds like a lot, but I actually made this card in about 10 minutes or less.  Super simple...and I really love how it turned out!

That's it for now.  Thanks a million for stopping by!  Your comments and visits are greatly appreciated and really brighten my day!  Until next time....

Hugs
Photobucket


Pin It!

13 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Susan I just love the simplicity of this card and your candles are lovely especially tied up with the ribbon..Nice embossed background also..

Anne

Sandra H said...

Gosh Susan, your card is beautiful x

Deborah Frings said...

Susan, this is just lovely. I really like your candles and the pretty embossed backing. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Cally said...

Brilliant , the candles are so clever. I will have to give them a go. Callyxx

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Susan! I love it, especially those candles!

Bonnie said...

These birthday candles are amazing! Love the tag too!

Erica said...

WoW! Susan,
I love this. What an original way to make the candles. And a good use for all that bakers' twine hanging most of our craftrooms.

Unknown said...

Lovely card Susan - those candles look brilliant on that gorgeous embossed background.

Karen x

Charlotte said...

Love it!
Very nice idea to make 3D candles this way
Greetings,
Charlotte

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful! Love the embossed background and bundle of candles! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Shannon White said...

So Clever and Cute!! 8-) Love the pretty embossed BG and the fun bundle of candles too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Pauline said...

What a fab embossed background! love the cute candles and the pretty sentiment frame.
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Charlotte said...

Hoi Susan, Made a card with candles, like you did. Thanks for the idea, I like the result! (http://madebycharlottec.blogspot.be/2012/10/2-in-1.html)

Kind regards,
Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails