Saturday, October 6, 2012

LIM88 - Hi Ho Silver!

This week's challenge from Chrissie and Mandi at Less is More is a color challenge....Silver.  I would tell you that silver is not my favorite color, but then you'd laugh at me because of all the cards I made today! I kept making more cards, because I couldn't get anything that made me happy.  Maybe I'm just hard to please today.  

I had a bit of trouble first thing this morning.  When I got up, my ring finger and pinky finger on my right hand were completely numb.  I have no idea what has happened, but it's 12 hours later and I'm finally getting a little feeling back in those two fingers.  Weird!

Anyway...enough of that...off to see the huge mess pile of cards I made today!  And can I just tell you that these silver cards were devilish to photograph!


This first card is super simple, and I believe it might be my favorite.  I used a black panel slightly smaller than the card base, stamped the sentiment on the panel with silver ink.  The star is a MB die and is cut from silver (it's actually the silver insides from a box that Kleenex (tissues) came in.  I knew I'd find a use for that shiny silver one day!)



For this card, I simply added strips of silver to the edges of a white panel, then tied a big silver bow (the ribbon is some kind of really fine grade wire).  Stamped the sentiment (PTI) on white, and punched it a tag punch and tied it on with silver cord.


For this next card, I stamped the ornament (PTI) in Versamark and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.  I added a few stickles to the center of the ornament.  I cute the ornament out and tied a silver string through the ornament.  The holey paper is actually dry wall tape that I inked up with some silver ink.  The sentiment is from PTI and was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with silver EP.  The way I made the tag was to punch the ends with a corner punch. Then I added a few piece of tiny bling.


Another super simple card.  I used a PTI die to cut the long triangles, adhered them to the card, then stamped the sentiment on a Spellbinder label cut from white card stock.  The sentiment is stamped in versamark and heat embossed with silver.  Again I added a few pieces of bling.


For this card, I simply cut some chevrons with a MFT die, and the skinny one was the one between the two I cut out.  I layered them on the card base, cut out a couple holly leaves and added three red pearls.  Sentiment is from PTI and is stamped in black.


I thought I'd really love this one...but eh...Stamped the angel (don't know who makes it) and heat embossed with silver.  The sentiment is from PTI and and is also heat embossed with silver.


This one may not count for the challenge, since it has red and green on it...but it's kinda cute.  The "merry" is cut from the same tissue box (shiny side) and the word Christmas is heat embossed in white.  Holly leaves are old QK dies.



Don't like this one at all!  It's just a little to busy for me with the printed background.  The ornaments are cut (once again) from the tissue box, and the sentiment is heat embossed with silver.

Whew!  Finally done!  Thanks a million for stopping by!  I truly appreciate your comments and visits!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

34 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Susan, YOU HAVE BEEN VEEERY BUUUUSY!!!fantastic cards i think my fav is the first one, fantastic the colours, the sentimet and the star, amazing!!!great work as always!
A hug from Palma

snapdragon said...

I agree- the first one is my fave. It's simple and classy and just right.
The rest are nice- I like the red and green Merry Christmas second best. :->

Sheila in Cyprus said...

WOW, you have been busy.

What some fantastic cards, I love them, but I have two favoourites, the star on the first is a beautiful shape, but I am a sucker for ribbon and your gorgeous bow on the second makes a statement on its own.

Love Sheila x

debby4000 said...

WOW these are amazing Susan not sure on a favourite possibly the silver ribbon one.
luv
Debby

fatmonica said...

These are stunning!They're all so elegant and understated,I love them.

Suzi B said...

WOW! Susan you have certainly "sparkled" this week, fabulous!
suzi b x

Cath Wilson said...

Some very elegant cards there, Susan but I LOVE the first one. Sounds, too, as if you may have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - you need to get that checked - I have the same problem with my other hand.

Sue said...

Fabulous set of cards, Susan.

GinaA said...

Wow Susan, what a fabulous collection of cards, they are all beautiful but my favorite is the star, a perfect CAS card with a beautiful quote.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Susan
Wowee!!!! What fabulous cards.... wish i had your ideas....
hugs Sylvie xxx

Sandra H said...

Wow...........Susan all are so inspiring and totally stunning xx

Canonbury creations said...

Heavens above Susan I struggle to come up with one idea and here you have a stunning array of cards! I love the drywall tape and ornament and that fabulous bow:)
Hope your fingers are ok now, perhaps it's a case of craftitus:)
Val x

Jenni's Jems said...

My goodness you have been sooo busy and all of them gorgeous but my two favourites are the first one and the red one both so eyecatching! x

Suze Bain said...

Ooh, my giddy aunt, you have excelled yourself today Susan. What fabulous festive cards, your embossing is superb, I thought the sentiment on the red one was a die cut. xx (PS hope your fingers are ok now, as Cath says could be CTS or just a nipped nerve.) xx

Lynne said...

My you have been a busy bee Susan. Love the first one and you are so brave using silver EP on black card. I also love how you utilise every day items on your cards.
Lynne xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

You are certainly getting your Christmas cards done here! I love these especially the first and second!

Chris said...

Wow! simply gorgeous! (...funny we both chose the same post title...great minds...!!)
Chris
x

Rosemary said...

gorgeous set of cards, susan!! love the card with the yummy silver bow!

Mandi said...

They are all amazing Susan and all count as they have silver on them!
Fantastic work as always
Thank you so much
Mandi LIM

Aileen said...

Love your inventiveness. I think you've cracked silver now! They are all fab Susan, really can't pick a fav. x

Viv said...

What a fab array of cards Susan - love the big ribbon one especially.

Anne said...

Hello Susan wow you had a creative day for your Hi Ho Silver! I love that big silver bow, probably my favourite but hard to choose... see what you mean about the busy background but LOVE those ornaments cut from the tissue box.

Carole said...

Wonderful cards Susan, my oh my, you have been busy. I love the first one, that star looks fab on black.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Wow - you must be well on your way with your Christmas cards. A super selection of cards here - I think my favourite is the chevron one!

Bonnie said...

Wow, Susan, you've really pulled out the silver! And each one is lovelier than the one before!

Erica said...

I hope your fingers are feeling better. Chalk it up to a bit of aging is all.
Every card is so gorgeous. Faved a few myself...as usual.
They all photo'ed (sp/word?) quite well, or is it just another of your talents? :)

Viv said...

What a fabulous selection Susan, I think my fav has to be the one with that lovely silver bow....wow!:) Viv xx

kingstonmama said...

Wow, you've been busy. I love them all but the first is my absolute favorite. ann

Scrapmate said...

Wow what a fabulous selection of cards - if only inspiration would strike me like that. I love the first card the most. I kind of see why you don't like the last card, I don't think it's bad I think the balance is not quite right. What if you embossed the baubles then the eye would be drawn to the baubles rather than the busy frame? I'm not being critical it's just a suggestion.

Fiona said...

Don't know how you do it Susan. (think I've said that before!) These are all fab but my favourite has to be the bow for sheer simplicity and elegance.

Chrissie said...

Oh my Susan!
What a terrific array of wonderful cards this week!
Absolutely fabulous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Linby said...

wow what a selection of cards. I think I have that angel somewhere too!
I think I like the first one the best, so CAS
Linbyx

Rosmarie said...

Wow, so many great cards! You were incredibly busy ... and all are designed so wonderful!

Daen'Ys x

Anonymous said...

Every card you EVER make is such a hit, but of this group I like the first one best because it's the most gutsy. In your entire life, how many black Christmas cards have you received? I remember one my mother received 70 years ago, they're that special. A few years ago I gold-leafed a poinsettia on black. and got the most compliments ever, from people I sent it to.

About your fingers, don't fret.....age brings oddities like that, for no good reason. I had my whole left side go numb for 12 hours, and no test ever revealed the problem. So now I don't bother with tests. Old age is the ultimate test of your resilience. Not that you're ancient like me, but I know you have grandkids. :-)

Your cards are such a g8ift of inspiration for me. thanks much,
Bahb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails