Thursday, June 12, 2008

Layouts I love!

Have you checked out all the beautiful paper collections at Cosmo Cricket?? This patterned paper is from the Love Notes collection and is one of my favorites! (but I may have a new favorite when I open my new Fleuriste I just bought this week!) This is a photo of my beautiful niece, Sarah. The photo was actually taken at a cemetery..but the softness of the photo was what got my attention. The quote is printed on a transparency and reads: "It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart." I've tucked a little journaling card behind the big mat (it has little hearts on the edges) and it reads: Sarah, you were such a beautiful baby girl and now you’ve grown into a beautiful young woman. This quote is so true…your beauty captures one’s attention, but your personality definitely captured my heart. I’ve been fortunate enough to spend time with you and watch you develop into a beautiful young woman. Your personality is a delightful combination of your Mama and your Daddy…..and it suits you well. I love you, Sarah, and I’m proud to be your Aunt! The flowers are Prima and the chipboard is Fancy Pants.
This is a layout made with the Wanted Collection. I used strips of the brown to make a belt and one of the die cuts for the buckle. I thought the background paper had a very "outdoorsy" look to it and was perfect for these "farm" photos of my grandchildren, Katie and Adam. This was just one of the MANY photos we took that day....and we owe a big thank you the the nice lady who lived there and allowed us to use her yard for our photo session!
For the layout "Bittersweet Memories", I used the "Wanted" collection. The woodgrained paper was the perfect choice for this layout about the house where my children grew up. I did so much journaling on this layout that I had to attach it to the back of the layout! We had so many good times in that house....but home truly is wherever you are with your family! For the layout "Just Chillin", I used the Souvenir Collection. I love the greens...and the pattern in the paper gave the the idea to cut the pattern. I love this paper with the black and white photo of my grandchildren! Then just for fun, I added the metallic dragonfly circling overhead!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!


Pin It!

15 comments:

Julie Howard said...

Gorgeous pic & LO! When we went shopping together, I picked up the Souvenier line also. You MUST get some of it. It's amazingly beautiful & right up your alley.

Stacey said...

tthis is gorgeous girl!!! fantastic job!!!!!!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

These are all so beautiful Susan...good luck with the DT call!!

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

All these three are definitely faves!! Good luck on the dt call!

said...

Oh Susan, these are all so equally beautiful!!! Best of luck on the DT, you would certainly be an asset to them!!

Jane F. Smith said...

Gosh...gorgeous stuff Susan!!!! your work is amazing and you have made it very tough to get into the finals with these!!! give me a break already!!! LOL!!!

Vel said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. Yes, my hand was killing me...yet I liked the look so much I think I'll be doing it A LOT more! Love this lo here with the Cosmo. Their papers are fabulous and you really do them justice.

Sharon said...

I have missed seeing your beautiful work Susan and I am glad I have found your blog. Good luck with the DT call.

Unknown said...

Awesome work!!! You rocked these lo's!! Wishing you luck my friend on CC!!

Robbie said...

Susan, you always do such beautiful work and these are no exception!! Good luck with the DT call!!

Liz said...

Wonderful work Susan! I love the one with the house and multiple pics. Good luck with the DT call.

Sue said...

These are all wonderful pages with Cosmo Cricket Collections, you are so inspirational Susan honey, I am sure I have some Wanted kit in my stash, I'll see if I can do something with them today. xx Sue

Amy Wing said...

Great stuff, Susan! Good luck on the CC call!

Stine66 said...

I have given you an AWARD - see more on my homepage. You are an amazing scrapper and I visit your page every day.
Many regards from Denmark
- Stine

Jennifer Priest said...

Gorgeous pages Susan!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails