Sunday, November 21, 2010

Yummy Southern Goodness

WOW!  I've had a great weekend scrapping...unfortunately, I've only managed to finish two layouts! I can envision something I want to do...but getting it on paper is a lot more difficult that I think it's going to be.  Anyway,  in October each year, we usually go up to Jay, Florida for the annual peanut festival.  A bit of a redneck atmosphere, but still it's fun.  These are just a few of the photos that I captured that day.  After all...it's all about the peanuts!






For this layout, I used a red card stock background along with papers from Cosmo Cricket (Early Bird Collection). I added a piece of yellow rickrack under the three top photos and layered them on a piece of CC that has a border punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The "Y" and the Enjoy tags were created in my Silhouette software and then I cut them out. I made the boiled peanut sign in Word, printed it and cut it out. The post was embossed with a Papertrey Ink "woodgrain" embossing template and pop dotted for added dimension. I cut two sections of "grass" on the Silhouette and then layered one piece behind the post and one piece in front of the post. The peanuts tumbling from the photo were printed on plain card stock from a photo and then cut out. I pop-dotted a few of the peanuts for added dimension. I wanted it to look like the peanuts were falling out of the bag of peanuts in the photo. The title work "Yummy" is black Thickers, and the tag "southern goodness" was printed from Word and punched out with a ticket punch. I added a couple of black doodled lines to the red background layer. Journaling was printed on the computer and then cut into strips to adhere to the bottom of the layout.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it! Until next time...

Hugs!



Pin It!

3 comments:

WhiteRacoon said...

Nice LO! Love how you added the peanuts falling out of the bag on the page. Adorable polka dot mat, the composition is very effective - love it!

cnelson said...

Such a fun and fabulous lo!!

snapdragon said...

The peanuts falling out of the bag- that is what makes this such a cool LO!
Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails