Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Zentangle Challenge - Initialize

I've been checking out a lot of wonderful blogs that feature beautiful Zentangle work. The Zentangle® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc.  When I first read about Zentangle, I had no idea what it was and I was curious,so after a little research, I've been doodling every chance I get.  I discovered the blog I am the Diva - Certified Zentangle Teacher and saw that there are weekly challenges.  Being the novice that I am with this art, I've been hesitant to join in a challenge with all the talented people that have been doing this for so long.  But, I figure, what the heck....let's give it a shot.

The challenge this week was to draw the strings by overlapping my initials.  I tried it both way...with block letters and with cursive letters.  I believe I'm more drawn to the block letters. Anyway, here are both tangles.


Being a perfectionist by nature, I sometimes have trouble when I "mess up" a line, but I'm slowly trying to overcome that trait! (mostly because I do mess up a lot...then I have to find a creative way to cover up my mess! LOL!)  Probably all of the tangles I've used in my work are original Zentangles...I'm not sure since 've never taken a class.  All I can say is.....This is FUN! Very relaxing...and I love the finished results (usually!).

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time...

Hugs


Pin It!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your Challenge pieces are fabulous!! It's great how we all do the same thing and it's all so different. Keep up the awesome work!! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tangles! Makes addictive, huh? Valerie

cheryl said...

oh my god hun these are stunning novice,gosh do not think so hun these really are amazing especially love that letter,the detail is really first class hun,hugs cherylxxxx

Suze Bain said...

These are fab Susan, I've only had one go at this Zentangle/doodling but it was so much fun and so relaxing, you've maybe inspired me to have another go! xx

Lynne said...

Wow Susan you are so clever. These designs are fabulous. I really wouldn`t know where to start.
Lynne xxx

Michelle said...

Oh, wow, Susan! Beautiful. I love them both, but I am also drawn to the block letters - probably because I can see what they are supposed to be. I love the other one, just because it is beautiful (and knowing what it is SUPPOSED to be, I can see that, too). I truly look forward to seeing more of your adventures in Zentangle.
Michelle.
P.S. As a recovering perfectionist, I really appreciate hearing your struggles with "messing up" things. :-)

cnelson said...

wowzers! you are AMAZING!

Kimi said...

These are fantastic... especially for a 'novice'!

Sandra H said...

I think they are gorgeous:) Sandra H

Zoechaos said...

These are neat and fun XOXO Zoe

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What intricate beautiful work Susan, fabulous

fatmonica said...

They're beautiful!

G Peplow said...

Hi Susan, Snap, LOL Something different, I love your Zentangles, great job, hugs Gay xxx

Sue said...

Wow Susan these are fab Luv Sue x

Sue Clark said...

These are both beautiful! I am so glad you jumped right in to the challenges. You will find that Zentangle is quite addicting (in a wonderful way). Also, there are no mistakes in Zentangle, just opportunities to go in another direction or create a new tangle!

stART said...

I like what you did for this challenge - isn't it great the way Zentangle leads you forward to further possibilities with every piece you complete?

Nicole P. said...

Your Zentangles just knocked my socks off! Wow, that is *really* amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails