Friday, October 14, 2011

Challenge 43 - Sunflower Inspired

The weekly challenge at I am the Diva blog is to create a tile or ZIA inspired by the sunflower.  I was really stumped by this one at first.  I designed my sunflower by drawing a circle for the center then drawing lines to section it off to add the petals.




My sunflower is drawn on a 6 x 6 card . I only used two tangles for my sunflower - Paradox and Shattuck...and then a big black dot in the center where all the lines meet.  I really like the way the Paradox makes the petals look.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate all your wonderful comments! Until next time....


♥ Hugs! ♥



Pin It!

16 comments:

Kathy said...

Love this! I thought about Paradox for my petals, but ended up putting them in the center. Great choices for your tangles.

Bonnie said...

Those petals are so amazing! They seem to fold. I hope you'll put this one in a frame.

Lynne said...

I am in awe of your talent Susan. This is fabulous!
Lynne xxx

fatmonica said...

Wow! this is stunning.I love it.

Meggymay said...

Fantastic flower, love the petals. Yvonne x

G Peplow said...

Hi there, This is fabulous Susan, intricate and beautiful, Well done, Gay xxx

Susan said...

Beautiful sunflower! I think that is the prettiest I have seen Shattuck. It makes an amazing center

Eden said...

Excellent treatment of the flower petals. They look awesome and the more ridgid straight center is just the right compliment to the wavy flames of the petals. Nice one.

Tara Cardwell said...

your tangles are just getting more and more wonderful - I love this - it would make a fabulous actual tile design.
Tara x

cheryl said...

oh gosh hun you really are amazing at this kind of art those petals are just stunning hugs cherylxxxx

cnelson said...

Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy WOW! This is AMAZING!!!

ledenzer said...

I love how you made this challenge your own. I love the look of the center of the flower...it reminds me of expensive tweed. Wonderful!

Annet said...

Amazing, love the paradox petals!

Daniele OBrien Design, CZT said...

Wonderful job, Paradox does make a lovely leaf. Great detail!

Dilip Patel said...

Simple, and very effective.

Dilip patel

Brenda said...

I like your sunflower. I especially like the paradox in the leaves, but the middle is cool too.

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! He is a cutie!

BTW, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You and Danni have made my day! I have a question for you: what colors did you see in my drawing? It was done in Sakura's Pigma Micron purple and pink pens.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails