Saturday, July 26, 2014

Tat...Tat...Tat....

After getting all the dust and cobwebs removed from my blog, I finally got around to taking a few photos of some of the tatting I've been doing recently.

I learned to tat many (many) years ago!  I learned how to tat using a shuttle (or 2 shuttles depending on the pattern).  My sister showed me some of the tatting she had been doing with needles, so I knew I had to give it a try.  After figuring out how to use the needles for tatting (can I say LOTS of YouTube videos!), here are a few of the things I've been working on.  None of them are perfect, but I'm getting a little better each time!

I've made a few bracelets...with beads and without beads.  Putting beads on is a real pain!  I think my favorite of these five bracelets is the red one (4th). Which is your favorite?







I also tried my hand at some snowflakes.  I've done these with 2 shuttles before, so it took a few tries before I grasped what I was trying to do.  I'm not sure how to stiffen them, but I'm thinking I'll use a glue/water solution.  Seems like that's what I used years ago.  We'll see how it works.  I've made about 5 of them now, but they are basically the same.  Need to find a new pattern and try something different.


That's it for today.  I'll be back a little later with a card or two...and maybe a scrapbook layout. I've also been working on a few Zentangle pieces but haven't taken any photos yet. Just trying to stay busy!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Your bracelets are beautiful. I've tried tatting before .... many years before and have forgotten how, but I've always loved the look of it and your snowflakes are so pretty.

Jeanne H said...

Hi I like #2 the best. Are you going to put some tatting on cards? Like lace? I have tatting on pillowcases by my grandmother. Never learned myself.

Canonbury creations said...

These are wonderful Susan, I'm going to check out youtube to see how to do it! Loving the snowflake:)
Val x

Gail said...

Love them. I always have admired these works of art. It truly is becoming a lost art. Thanks for sharing with us.

Bonnie said...

I think these are all beautiful, Susan! I think the black one might have a bit of an edge for me. I like how the beads kind of hang off it and how they contrast with the black thread. That snowflake is gorgeous! I never tried tatting.

Darnell said...

You are keeping so busy, Susan! I'm glad to hear it! Your tatted bracelets and snowflake are so, so pretty!! Hugs, Darnell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails