Friday, January 15, 2016

Lots to share...it's been a while!

WARNING:  This post is very photo heavy! 

I've been making quite a few cards lately.  I'm trying to get a good backup of cards to use in our widow's group.  One thing we hope to do more of this year, is try to send cards to each of the ladies in the widow's group, so that they get some "happy mail".  Don't you just love to open your mailbox and find a hand-addressed envelope rather than another bill or circular?  So, that's our goal this year, and I seem to be the one designated to get the first batch of cards together.  We have a number of our widows that are in assisted living facilities, so I think they'll be delighted to get a card to let them know that someone is thinking of them and praying for them.  Here's some of the cards that I've put together so far.


This round card was cut completely on the Cameo.  I stamped the flowers with a TH stamp.  I cut 4 additional sets of the word "celebrate" and layered them for dimension.  I inked the edges of the circle with distress ink and colored the flowers with Prismacolor pencils.


Super simple card - SSS feathers layered on a brown card stock and edged in the same yellow as the feathers.  I inked the edges of the feathers.  Added a bit of jute string and a bow to finish it off.  The sentiment is heat embossed. (can't remember who makes the sentiment)


I used a pink card base for this card.  The "hello" tag was made with water colors on water color paper using a "smooshing" technique.  I cut the SSS hello from the watercolor piece and from a piece of green shiny paper, then inserted the green into the water color piece.  Super quick and easy!



This is probably one of my most often made cards.  I love this layout with the inset flower (SSS), and you can add almost any sentiment and it makes a perfect card!  The sentiment is heat embossed and is from Paper Smooches.


Another card just like the previous...just added a few sequins, and a PTI sentiment.and a slightly different flower die.


This butterfly is enormous!  I cut him in white then colored him with Copics.  The sentiment is stamped on an inked strip to match the colors on the butterfly and heat embossed in white.  I dry embossed the background with a wood grain embossing plate.


Back to the tried and true...I really do love this layout....Sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely to see you back Susan. What a gorgeous array of cards - you certainly have been busy. What a lovely idea sending "happy mail" to people who have lost a loved one. You definitely get a tingle of anticipation when you get a hand written envelope in the post. I adore your circular card - it's absolutely gorgeous.

Hugs.

Karen x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a BEAUTIFUL set of cards, each with it's special element.

Good to see you back :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails