Friday, April 22, 2016

Surprise! Surprise!

Surprise, surprise!! Two posts in one week!  I'm on a roll this week! LOL!

I needed a couple of birthday cards for next week, and of course I only have three weeks to get 10-15 cards made for our widow's group...so I'm keeping busy!

Off we go...


One of my granddaughters will be 17 next week, so this first card is for her.  I have quite a few of the Julie Nutting dolls, but rarely use them...not sure why, because this cowgirl turned out adorable!  I sponged the sky and ground, then paper pieced all of her clothes and hair. Sentiment is from PTI.


This second card is for my sister in law who has a birthday next week also.  I'm really loving the floral stamps from Altenew!  Since I don't have dies for these stamps, I scanned the stamped image into my Silhouette program and made a cut file to go with the stamps...cut out 6 or 8 flowers and leaves, then stamped the image on the cut out...easy-peasy!  I did discover that you MUST make the cut border slightly larger than the stamped image or you'll never get it lined up to stamp....ask me how I know! LOL!  These floral images are multi layer stamps so I used several shades of HA ink to stamp, then added a little highlights with some Prismacolor pencils.  The cut out leaves were colored with Copics.  I stamped a couple of the blooms on the card panel, then popped up three cut out blooms over that.  LOVE how this turned out!


This card is something I wanted to try after watching a Simon Says video from Kelly Letevola.  It's like bleaching, only you use distress inks on watercolor paper...much easier than I thought it would be.  The image is from WPlus9 (Beautiful Bouquets: Dahlias).  I think I'll used this stamp and this technique often!  I also inked up the sentiment strip and stamped the sentiment (SSS) in versamark and heat embossed in white.  I was digging around in some of my old stuff and found the netting paper and thought it would be a great background for the watercolor panel.




















These two cards are not my favorites, but I thought I'd share them anyway.  I got these dies from Tim Holtz because I thought they'd work well on cards and on scrapbook pages.  There are 7 dies in the set and most of them are fairly large.  Super simple cards, but at least I'll have a few in my stash.

I really appreciate all the visits and I always smile when you leave me a comment...it makes my day! I hope you'll come back to visit soon!

Until next time....
Photobucket





Pin It!

2 comments:

Darnell said...

You ARE on a roll, Susan, spoiling us with scroll after scroll of amazing card art!! Of course, the last two simple CASlicious cards are my favorites, lol, but I do love them all and so will the recipients! (And I just used mesh on a card a few days ago ~ how spooky is that?!) Enjoy the weekend and your next widow's group get-together!! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Love the cute little girl with the swirly ruffled skirt. But I'm wowed by the amazing Altenew flowers. I'm loving their floral stamps too, and you've certainly shown this one to great effect. I'm impressed that you made your own cut file with the cameo - mine is gathering dust! I'd love to take a class to learn how to do this!!! Beautiful cards...all of them! Hugs & TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails