Tuesday, June 14, 2022

It's June 2022! Time Flies!


I can't believe how quickly time flies!  Seems like it was just January 2022! Now here we are in June already!  

Thought I'd pop in and share a few more layouts with you.  I finished a small folio with my grandson's graduation photos in it last week, but neglected to take and pictures of it! Shame on me!!  My daughter loved it though! LOL!

Let's get started...


Photo of my son taken in 1996 (or maybe 1997). I sent this photo to him via text and told him I would be scrapping it and asked what he thought the title should be and he said "Goober". LOL! I used EP Capture This collection for this layout. Mostly just layering papers and some of the tags that came with the collection...which were just perfect for this layout. The "goober" was cut with an old QK font - Star. I added some faux stitching...and I'd love to tell you that the camera makes the stitching across the top look crooked...but that wouldn't be true...I did it...and didn't even realize it was crooked until I photographed the layout and saw it on screen. LOL! Oh, well...it just adds character...right? Journaling is attached to the Moments Captured tag and slides behind the "today" layer. Journaling reads:

Matthew in 1996 or 1997? I sent this photo to you, Matthew and asked you what you thought I should title the scrapbook page and your reply was “Goober”. I had to laugh, but decided to go along with you. You might think you looked like a goober…but you’re my goober and I love you just the way you are!


Photos from the 80's. I used Carta Bella Our Family papers. The doily is a Prima die. Butterfly is from an old sticker sheet. I made his antenne by cutting a thin strip of black paper and glueing it to the butterfly's head. Butterfly trail was made with Nuvo drops. I used a border punch for the bottom of the beige mat. The "love" button is something I found in the bottom of a box of "scrappy stuff" and the "memories" embellie is a very old brass embellishment that used to be sticky on the back but that was all gone, so I used the holes on each end of the brass plate to attach it to the layout with brads. Quote I found online and printed. Title work was generated in the Silhouette program and cut out several times and layered for dimension. The thin red border around the checked background is just 1/8 inch strips glued around the edges. Journaling was computer generated and I inked the edges for a little dimension.


Photo of me...30 years ago! I used EP A Walk in the Park papers for this layout. I actually scraplifted myself...a layout I did in September 2010 called Sugar & Spice. I have scrapped so much lately, I couldn't get my mojo going, so I just looked back in my gallery for a layout that really caught my eye and just did a complete "lift". LOL! I used MS punches for both borders. The title letters are very OLD chipboard letters from my stash (I had to glue them down...the sticky was all gone!) I added some yellow Nuvo drops to the borders. The flowers are a stamp from Altenew's Botanical Gardens. Journaling is tucked behind the photo and reads:

Looking at this photo makes me realize just how quickly time goes by! I remember the night this was taken...it was our Sunday School Christmas party. I was 40 years old...much younger, much thinner, and definitely had more hair than I have now at almost 70! My, Oh, My...how time does fly!


Photo of my hubby when he was in the Air Force in the 60s. I used EP For the Record collection. I cut the title letter out 4 times (one time in red) with the Cameo, then highlighted them with white and a layer of Nuvo Crystal Glaze. The Air Force emblem was printed from the internet and popped on foam tape. The "be still my heart" sentiment was made in the Silhouette program and cut with the Cameo. The boots are a free clipart from online that I fussy cut. I added some borders to the two background mats as well as the photo and I also added a bit of faux stitching with a white gel pen. I forgot to insert the journaling tab before I took the photo of the layout, but it slips right behind the photo and reads:

This photo was taken when Butch was a Training Instructor (Drill Sergeant) at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. He was transferred to this assignment on March 11, 1968. This was way before we were married, (because in 1968 I was just graduating from high school) and he would have been almost 32 years old.


Photo of my hubby and his brother at Hoover Dam. I used a white background. Patterned paper is from EP Fine and Dandy. I cut various sized circles with a stitched edge die cuts from Cottage Cutz (I found them on Amazon, I think). Title letters were cut four times with dies from Papertrey Ink and stacked for dimension. The top layer of the letters was cut from paper from the collection. I used Nuvo Crystal Glaze on each of the letters. I popped up some of the circles for dimension and added some different color Nuvo drops sprinkled around the circles. Journaling was computer generated, cut in strips, and adhered directly to the background. This was a very quick and simple layout.


Photo of my hubby with 5 of our grandchildren. Background is a light seagreen/teal-ish card stock. I printed the title "Easter 1997" and the photo legend on the card stock with the printer. Other than the background, all ppr for this layout came from my scrap bins. The bird was cut from some ppr from MME (I think). The Happiness tag is a sticker from the EP Capture Life collection. I added some washi tape on the bottom edge and the top left edge (gotta do SOMETHING with all that washi tape I keep buying! LOL!) Super simple layout...the most difficult part was getting the printing exactly where I wanted it on the background!

This was a LONG post...so if you made it through...THANK YOU!  I have so many layouts that I haven't shared, so this could go on for a while.

As usual, if I've done anything on any of these that you would like to know how I did it, just drop me an email and I'll get back to you.

Thanks so much for stopping by...and if you leave a comment...an even BIGGER thank you!

Hugs!

Photobucket



Pin It!

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Absolutely brilliant pages to remember love them and great memories you have created x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You are to be commended on making all the wonderful pages and the book too Sue, what an amazing thing to present to your daughter. Wishing you well
I hope my new 'puter is back to normality now.
Faith x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails