Monday, August 13, 2012

You MUST TRY this Recipe!

I don't usually post recipes on my blog, but I tried a new recipe the other night and it was so good that I just had to share it.  I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?!?!), but it didn't link to a blog for more details.  The directions were typed beneath the photo, so I think that it's just a photo that someone uploaded.  Anyway, here's how I made this YUMMY dish.  Did I happen to mention that this is a meal in one dish?  It doesn't get any easier than this!

4-6 raw chicken breasts, new potatoes, green beans (fresh or canned-really any green veggie would work. Broccoli is good, too).  Arrange in 9x13 dish.  Sprinkle with a packet of Italian dressing mix and then top with a melted stick of butter.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Enjoy!



You will need:

9 x 13 inch baking dish
3-4 chicken breasts (depending on size you might use more)
fresh green beans (or broccoli/asparagus)
4-5 new potatoes
1 package Italian dressing mix (dry)
1 stick butter(margarine)

In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish (I used a glass baking dish), place washed and cleaned chicken breast down the center of the dish.  On one side of the chicken, I put new potatoes and on the other side I used green beans. (I think this would also be good with broccoli or asparagus).  The info under the photo at Pinterest said that you could use canned green beans, but I think the flavor of the fresh beans is much better.

Anyway...after you've put the chicken, beans, and potatoes into the baking dish, sprinkle one package of Italian dressing (dry) mix over everything.  Melt one stick of butter (but you could probably get by with just ½ stick of butter) and pour of the top of the dressing you've just added.  Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour.  When you take it from the oven, it's ready to serve!  Really...could it be any easier?!  And...it was delicious!

Hope you'll give this dish a try...it's definitely a WINNER!  Until next time....

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

5 comments:

Suze Bain said...

No wonder it tastes good with all that butter! Thanks for sharing. xx

cnelson said...

TFS Susan! This looks easy and DELICIOUS! So FAB!

Judy1223 said...

Yum, that does sound delicious and easy peasy! One stop cooking...gotta love that!

Darnell said...

Thanks for sharing, Susan! That is MY kind of dish!! Can't wait until it cools off to try it out. Right now we are only eating tomato or egg sandwiches. (Soon I'll be whining about how cold it is!)

Julie Howard said...

I will have to try this. May tweak it a bit... the butter certainly won't do my rear end any good. Wonder if I could just drizzle some olive oil to achieve the same results?? I'll report back...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails