Thursday, September 10, 2015

CASology - Moon & ATSAM #161

Second post of the day!  I'm on a roll!

The CASology challenge this week is "moon" and Addicted to Stamps and More challenge is one of my favorites...Anything Goes!
                          Addicted to Stamps and More!

First I have my card for the CASology challenge:


I have to admit I was stumped for a bit...but then I found this sentiment from PTI and realized it was perfect...now...what to go with it?  I had a light bulb moment and realized all I needed was a moon! So, I masked off a moon, then inked around it with DI (stormy skies).  I removed the mask and inked up the edges of the moon slightly, then added a few stars with a clear star glitter pen.  I cut the panel with the large rectangle stitched die from SSS and mounted it on the card base using fun foam.  Super quick and easy!

And...this is my card for the ATSAM challenge.


I adore the TH crazy birds stamps and the dies that go with them!  I love how this card turned out!  The bird's wing, eyes, and beak are all cut from a second image and popped up on the original colored image.  I used spray mists for the blue background (okay, okay!..I meant to get this finished so that I could enter it in the LIM challenge LAST week, but totally missed it!).  I used a gold Prisma pen to added a thin gold edge to the blue background and colored the bird with Zig clean color brush pens and water.  The sentiment is from PTI and is embossed in liquid platinum. The blue panel is popped up with fun foam and the bird is adhered directly to the blue background.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

11 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards Susan, I love the simplicity of your moon card, the inking is beautiful. Love your crazy bird too, great sentiment for him, Cathy x

Jan said...

Fabulous cards Susan xx Jan

Tracey McNeely said...

Two lovely cards, great masking for CASology! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology!

Rahmat said...

Beautiful set of cards, CASology one is too good, and love the ATSM one, thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Tanja said...

your crazy bird really makes me smile - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Two beautiful cards

Joyce said...

Two wonderful cards. I really love the way you paired the masked moon and your fantastic sentiment on your first card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Judy1223 said...

Susan, I adore both cards! How have I not seen that sentiment before...I adore your moon card and that sentiment is almost the exact working of the bedtime routine I say with my son. (We compete...I'll say, "I love you to the moon and back," and he'll say, "Well, I love YOU to infinity and beyond," and it goes on and on as we try to top each other!) The inking and the stars on your card are fabulous, too. And the bird card is so fun! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Unknown said...

Your moon card is beautiful and serene. Just lovely.

Aileen said...

Wow Susan love both your cards and that sentiment s just brilliant for the moon card. I also love those crazy birds but have not as yet inked them up. Your card adds to my inspiration to get moving on that.

Hannelie said...

Just so beautiful Susan! Receiving a card with words like that will surely make anyone feel loved!
Thanks for joining Casology!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails