Thursday, October 8, 2015

Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - October 2015

The October Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers is a good one this month! I love poinsettias and always have several around my house during the holidays.




I used a Spellbinder poinsettia die that I've had for several years, but rarely use.  I cut the largest layer from the white card base, then cut it again in red card stock.  I inset the red layer into the white card panel, then after "fluffing" each of the next 3 layers of the flower, I glued each of them onto the card red base.  I used some gold pearls for the center of the poinsettia.  I cut the panel to 4 inches wide and stamped the sentiment  (SU) in Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I found some glittery gold washi tape in my stash and added a strip to each side of the card base, then popped the poinsettia panel using fun foam onto the card base leaving the glittery gold borders on each side.  I also touch up some of the flower petals with some Copics, then added my favorite clear Wink of Stella to all of the petals.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Another beauty!! Love the added sparkle! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Loll said...

This is so pretty, Susan! Love the inlaid die-cut of your large poinsettia and then the wonderful dimension of your "fluffed" layers :) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Susan said...

Love the way you inset the largest die cut! And the Wink of Stella gives some subtle sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How beautiful

Inkyfingers said...

Such a great idea to inset your flower into the panel Susan. I love the beautiful Poinsettia and the elegant design you created.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

MaryH said...

Beautiful! Love the inlay work, but it's amazing with the addition of the shaped petals added on top of the inlay. It's a lovely CAS, but such a stunning look as you've created this pretty flower. TFS. Lovely to see this in the HLS October Christmas Challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails