Thursday, March 26, 2020

Back with MORE Birthday cards!!

Still working on birthday cards for my DIL.  She's still working at the moment, so maybe these cards will brighten someone's day!  There's quite a few here, so be prepared for photo overload. LOL!


The first card is difficult to see as it is made entirely with mirror card stock.  I embossed the background, then layered the oval fancy frame (Spellbinders) with the 25 and a banner with "years".  the 25 is made by stacking layers and topping them with glitter numbers.  The next card I stamped the background layer, then cut out the center with a die.  The die cuts a tiny border and also the rectangle from the middle.  I then cut the tiny border from red card stock and replaced it around the center after coloring it with copics.


These next two are quick cards.  The turtle stamp is VERY old...not even sure who makes it.  I just cut out the "peek a boo" window and put the image behind it.  I then added a thin white frame on top of the green card stock.  The next card if the Gerber daisy, stamped on white, with a tiny black stitched frame on a red card panel. Colored with Copics.


These next two are a slider card (and the photo below is the tag when pulled out.  I used a die from Sunny Studios.  Balloons were stamped and hand cut and the sentiments are from a really old stamp set.

The yellow flowers are from a Penny Black stamp.  I stamped the image colored it and then cut the side of the card stock in order to have the flower hanging off.  I printed a piece of yellow striped paper to match the flowers and then added it to the card base with the flower panel popped up with foam.


 This flower card was made using an old SU stamp. Stamped on a white background and colored with Copics.  I cut out the center with a double stitched edge die and then popped the center rectangle up with craft foam.  The last card was die cut with a Spellbinder die.  I popped all the pieces out and then colored them individually with Copics...THEN put the puzzle back together! LOL!  VERY fiddly!  I stamped an old PTI sentiment on a piece of vellum and heat embossed it in red and wrapped it around the panel before attaching it to a card base.

I've had a lot of fun making all these birthday cards for my DIL....hopefully this will be enough to get her through the year.  It's also helped me get my mojo going again.  I've also managed to make a scrapbook page or two also....All this staying in leaves me with a lot of time on my hands! LOL!

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always, I LOVE it when you leave me comments!

Hugs!

Susan




Pin It!

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Wow that’s a lovely selection of cards x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to see you Susan and with cards that make a great impact. They are ALL so beautiful your DiL will be thrilled I'm sure.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

francie said...

Your blog is full of very pretty cards. Love the red flowers - my favourite colour. I will visit again. Fran (Quick Silver at scrapbook.com)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails