Thursday, September 20, 2012

OLW106 - Sponging with Heather...ink that is!

Recently, I've been rather hit and miss with some of my favorite challenges, so I'm trying to get back in the groove this week.  I always enjoy playing along with the One Layer Wednesday challenge because it really make me think about how to create something unique on just one layer of card stock.

This weeks OLW challenge is hosted by Heather Telford at Bits and Pieces.  Heather has challenged us to create a one layer card and to sponge on some ink in the process.  


For my card this week, I decided to use a stamp that I've had for a while, but never actually inked up.  I remember that I really had to have this stamp! LOL!....and now I'm so glad I got it, because I love how this card turned out!  The trees are all one image and it's a Memory Box stamp.  I stamped it first on a piece of scrap paper to get the right curve for the snow because the trees don't go completely across the card.  I masked off the "ground" and the moon, then sponged on some DI (stormy sky and dusty concord).  I moved my ground mask down a bit and sponged in a couple of snow banks, then added a line of embossing under the scene.  Using my stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the trees right at the top of the snowbank (in black), and then added a little "snow" to the trees with a white gel pen.  I also added a few stars in the sky with the gel pen. The sentiment is from PTI (I actually cut one of the sentiments in half  ~GASP~ before stamping!)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

18 comments:

G Peplow said...

It's fabulous Susan, I love your card and the inked sky, perfect colours, you rocked this one!!! LOL Gay xx

Aileen said...

Your sky is fabulous. A bit of northern lights going on. Love the embossed line to split your scene from the sentiment. x

Canonbury creations said...

Wow this is gorgeous Susan, your sponging is brilliant. I've just had a quick scroll down to see all your gorgeous cards that I've missed commenting on:) Fab as usual, love the white on white and the lovely pink and brown LIM cards. This week's ovals are so pretty!
Val x

Sue said...

Wow, Susan, this is beautiful! I love how you have inked the sky, gorgeous. Sue x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very beautiful and peaceful, I love it too.

Sorry not been around of late, but I am just going to catch up on all you fab work.

Sandra H said...

Hi Susan, This is so beautiful x

Heather T said...

Such a pretty sky, Susan, and your snow is perfect; you have created a gorgeous scene.

Darnell said...

Beautiful job, Susan! Your full moon and "just right" colored sky is worthy of a painting!

Karen M said...

I love your card - its stunning! Hugs x x

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Susan! I so much want to give this a try although I may not make it in time for the challenge. Your scene is so serene. I love those trees and see why you had to have them.

Suze Bain said...

Wow, Susan, what fabulous stamping and inking. A stunning card. xx

Charlotte said...

Perfect!
Love the sky, with the little pink in it, great!
Love,
Charlotte

Unknown said...

Love your card Susan - the sky is absolutely gorgeous and the snow banks and trees are brilliant.

Hugs.

Karen x

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous! I love the touches of purple in your sky - such a beautifully serene, wonderful OLW Card!

Deborah Frings said...

Your night sky is just fabulous and I do like the way you've done the stars. Such a wonderful Christmas card.

BTW - I sometimes cut my stamps too! Take a deep breath - it gets easier :)

Rosmarie said...

A great Christmas card. Many of calm and serenity emanates from it!

Daen'Ys

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous card, Susan! I love the Northern Lights effect in the sky, and the snow-tipped trees.

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so pretty~ I just love the sky. Well done~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails